While MD and I were out yesterday my web guy upgraded my WordPress blog software to the newest version. And while he was at it, he wrote a little program that went through and replaced all the code that was showing up in old posts in place of apostrophes and other punctuation marks. I would go back to look at an old post and find something that looked like this: I&#gve looked at the data…. instead of: I’ve looked at the data… Now (I hope since I haven’t gone through every old post to check) it’s all cleaned up, so I don’t have to go through and do it manually whenever I want to link to an old post in a new one.
That’s the good news. The bad news is that when I got in last night and tried to catch up on the comments I discovered that somehow during the upgrade something happened that is keeping me from posting the comments once I make my comments on them. I tried a couple and it took me about 10 minutes on each to get them to actually post.
I’m going to meet with my guy again this morning (I hope) to see if I can get this latest bug worked out.
Sorry for the delay. I promise that as soon as I can I’ll get all the comments posted.
Oh, and another bit of good news (for me, at least)…for the last two days since changing the way the comments are posted I haven’t had one single spam. A big change from the 300-500 I had to deal with every day previously.
More comment problems