You love that Ranch dressing taste, but when you examine the label of commercial Ranch dressing, you’ll see the first ingredient is cheap, industrially-processed seed oil. Yuk! And a whole lot more. Take a look.
You can have your Ranch and eat it, too, if you take just a moment to make it yourself. As always, the best advice: if you make it yourself, you know what’s in it! So try this one made with full, natural dairy and good fats, not soybean and canola oil, and nothing you can’t pronounce.
Homemade Ranch Dressing
Makes 1 cup
- 1/3 cup full fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup Avomayo or homemade mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Ranch Seasoning Mix (recipe follows)
- ½ teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 splash Worcestershire Sauce
- Put the buttermilk, sour cream, and mayonnaise into a bowl.
- Whisk in the seasonings until smooth.
- Add the vinegar and Worcestershire sauce and whisk again.
- Taste and add more of the seasoning mix if you prefer a stronger Ranch flavor.
Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried mustard
- Put all ingredients into a spice grinder or blender and pulse to combine well.
- Pour into an airtight container for storage. Use as needed.