I concocted the previous post using Mozilla Firefox. When I got finished and checked it, it looked fine. I got an email this morning from a reader informing me that the post was truncated and had skewed the formatting of the blog, moving the sidebar to the bottom. I immediately went to look and found it to be okay. Then it dawned on me to check it out in Internet Explorer. When I did so, I found it to be totally screwed up.
The problem occurred because I copied the two letters in toto over from the AJCN website, primarily to avoid having to retype all the references. The letters contained a bunch of embedded HTML code, which I then went in and removed. It all looked fine in Firefox, but IE somehow didn’t read things the same way.
After fiddling with it for about 4 hours this morning, and with some help from my tech guy, it is fixed. It reads properly in both Firefox and Internet Explorer.